Tuesday 18 October 2011

The begining

First off let me explain why I decided to start this blog!


It is simple really; I have worked and lived across Asia Pacific for going on 6 years now. I moved out to Asia around 19 years old to take up a marketing position which has spiralled into a very interesting and enjoyable career. I would like to point out that I did this without any form of education after high school and without teaching English! (Not that there is anything wrong with that of course!!)
My aim is to post about the experiences I have had that may or may not interest people into changing their life or even visiting some of the places I have been.  I have dealt with issues such as...
  • 1)      Relocating multiple times across the region
  • 2)      Obtaining and finding decent to well paid work
  • 3)      Random travel and adventures
  • 4)      Cultural and laid back travel
  • 5)      Political, Racial and cultural issues of many location within the region
  • 6)      Cost of living, accommodation, language barriers, culture shock, relationships & other challenges the region throws at you.
While I admit there are many more experienced people out there that have been in the region 20 and 30 years more than me times are changing and some of the issues mentioned in the list above these chaps and ladies did not have to deal with. The world is moving forward and ever changing especially in this region and with my experiences within the region hopefully I can answer some questions and educate those that might be looking to take the leap. Again there may be people that are just looking for some entertaining stories from the region, take whatever you want from my posts!
Locations I have been to or lived in are as follows...
  • ·         Hong Kong
  • ·         Singapore
  • ·         Malaysia
  • ·         China
  • ·         Japan
  • ·         Vietnam
  • ·         Thailand
  • ·         Taiwan
  • ·         Laos
  • ·         Mongolia
  • ·         Indonesia
  • ·         Papa New Guinea
  • ·         Cambodia
  • ·         UAE
  • ·         Macau
As mentioned I will be blogging mainly about my personal experiences or experiences I know to be true of friends and family.
So I guess, enjoy reading and please leave a comment if you need any questions answered.
Thanks!


No comments:

Post a Comment